Thursday, October 30, 2008

Prayers Needed for the Felts

Hello Everyone,

Well, here I sit in a hospital bed on bed rest for I do not know how long, and I just wanted to let you all know, if you haven't heard yet, that I am was in preterm labor. It has been stopped for now and I am on medication to control the contractions, because I am very early (31 weeks). My doctor did not seem too positive that I will make it to 34 weeks, but if I do I might get to go home a be on bed rest there. The baby is doing really well. I had a ultrasound yesterday. He is already 5 pounds, so if were to carry to full-term he would most likely be over 9 pounds. He is measuring in everything around 33-34 weeks, except his upper arms, which are 31-32 weeks in length (so he has Jon's arms). So he is big for his age.

I am doing well, except that I have to stay in bed for a while. I am glad that I get to eat solid food now. For the first day, I was on clear liquids only, until the contractions were under control and the possibility of a C-section right then was past. If you are inserted, I am in Toledo Hospital. I am in the Special Care Unit in Labor and Delivery, Room E. The number I can be reached at is 419-291-8348, and then ask for Keriann Felt's Room. I do also have access to the Internet and email.

Jon is having a hard time, because he has school and finals coming up. He feels guilty that he cannot be here with me all the time, but that is how life goes. He also is trying to adjust to having to do his laundry, dishes, and get himself up and ready for school. Keep him in your prayers too. I think he is having a harder time than me right now.

Well, I hope you all are doing well. Take care.
-Keriann Felt

No comments: