Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jennifer Bruggeman Attends Workman Reunion

Dear Vivian- The Workman Reunion was held in Hurricane, Utah. The weekend of the 14th and 15th of September. It started out at the church and everyone brought their information and sat around and shared family stories. I didn't go to that, but my mom said she couldn't tear my dad away. Saturday morning a few of us went to the temple and did baptisms and initiatory. There weren't very many of us, but there was a special closeness and some neat spiritual experiences. What a joy to be able to do work for your own family. Next we met at the Hurricane Pioneer museum and had a tour. Hurricane is where Jacob Lindsay's 3rd wife Fanny is buried. Most of the family there are descendants from Abraham Workman. I'm not sure if that is Jacob Lindsay's brother or son, I just knew that it wasn't our branch. It was neat to see a representative from the Nancy Reader branch. My dad learned that he was named after James Thomas Workman. I think that we figured out that it was Josephine Workman's dad. So that was neat to know where your name came from. After the museum we toured around different sites in Hurricane. Jacob Lindsay is buried in Virgin, UT and we spent some time in the cemetery there. Then we drove to a ranch that is supposedly where Jacob L and Fanny raised there family. A homestead of 25 acres. We went to the park and had lunch, and then my son had a football game so we had to leave. That night they had a special session at the temple. They met at 6:30 and did endowments and sealing. It was very well planned and exciting to sees o much activity centered around the temple. If anyone is interested in temple cards, there is an official family historian named Ken Workman and he can supply them. I can get you in contact with him. Also there is a website I believe it is Workmanfamily.com. If not type in John Workman family organization in Google and you will find it. There weren't a lot of people there, but there certainly was a family resemblance. My dad has the "Workman eyes." Anyway-it was fun and exciting for those of us that were there. Talk to you soon. Jennifer

No comments: