Monday, September 24, 2007

Robert and Breanna May Family Update

Things are going well in the May house. School has started, so it’s a busy time, plus Breanna’s thyroid is still messed up, so that’s hard for her, but she’s doing o.k. The kids are all healthy, which is always a plus. Andrea is already six months old. They just keep growing up and we never have time to catch up. We’re entering the busy time of year with birthday’s and such. We’ll have 7 birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and our anniversary all between August 28th and the end of the year. Something is going on every week.

Ashley turned twelve this year and the horns grew and her head started rotating in circles. Do all girls go crazy when they hit twelve?? At times she’s very grown up and happy, but sometimes she’s just nuts. Must be a girl thing. Landon is known by everyone in his school, and by ALL of the teachers in the school. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing . . . Landon’s birthday is today, and he’s old enough to go to dances now. Scary. I dread the day when he can drive, and its only two years away.

I’ve been called as an Assistant Stake Clerk over Technology in our stake. I have a much bigger appreciation for Stake Conference now that I have to make sure that we’re broadcasting to all of the buildings in our stake, and making sure that everything else is in place for the conference. I didn’t know that so much work went into stake conference, but there is quite a bit. Overall, it’s a nice calling—I’ve had much worse. We had a social evening with the stake presidency and the high council and it was pretty funny to find out that I had more kids than anyone else in the room. Makes me feel old.

I will hopefully be receiving my Black Belt of Taekwondo sometime around March. That’s been a nice stress reliever.

I’m still working for a consulting company writing software for a company that makes healthcare software. It’s a lot of fun, since we’re using the latest and greatest technologies (WPF, WCF, XAML, and a bunch of other acronyms). There’s so much to know in the programming space that it’s hard to keep up with it. Currently I’m acting as the scrummaster for a team of about 12 people (3 teams really) plus coordinating a couple of other projects. It keeps me busy.

Other than that, we’re pretty busy with life. We love where we live and hope to stay here for a long time.

Robert, Breanna, Landon, Ashley, Rebecca, Robert, Ayesha, Donald, Samuel, and Andrea.

No comments: